“Expressly without any reservations or hesitations, the Buckhannon Opera House is not only one of the most perfectly constructed arts, dining and entertainment venues, but it also possesses that special kind of ambiance that entertainers dream of experiencing every night while performing. Right here in north central West Virginia's backyard is a world-class opera house, which will become a sought after destination for all actors, dancers, and musicians!”
— David D. Taylor - True Crime TV personality
Best described as where a touch of elegance and historic charm meet, the Buckhannon Opera House is a full-service catering facility and entertainment venue housed in three Historic structures, located in the heart of historic downtown Buckhannon, West Virginia.
We have transformed the space into a beautiful event center with original one-hundred-year-old hardwood floors that have been lightly sanded, coffered ceilings, colorful lighting and stylish decor. There is a bar made from cherry wood, exposed brick walls that are the original exterior walls of the buildings on each side.
The glass doors, which front Main Street, open into a large reception area that helps transition patrons and guests to the main floor. The dining area can seat up to two hundred guests at a mix of round and rectangular tables.
With an elevated stage, the Buckhannon Opera House is also perfect for taking in a live performance of music, dance, theater or speech. Additionally, to accommodate performing entertainers, musicians and show cast members, there is a green room near the stage with a full bath, wet bar and makeup table.
The Buckhannon Opera House is in what is originally the Crislip and Simpson Building built in 1893 and is accessed between the Chamber & Visitor Center and Mountain Lakes Insurance Agency. G.C. Murphy, known for decades by the locals as the ‘dime store,’ operated a retail store from 1928 through its closure in 1997, eventually expanding to the buildings on both sides. The location was last used as Main Street Antiques until it moved across the street in 2012.
C.J. & Jeannie Rylands